Arkansas Highway 45 east of Fayetteville
Goshen AR 72735
The post office at present day Goshen was established in 1874 as College
Grove. In two years the name was changed to Goshen while a minister
was postmaster leading to a tradition that he wanted a religious name.
During the 1880's there were two general stores in Goshen and a steam
driven mill was in operation along the creek north of town. Church was
held in various schools in the area by preachers of all denominations.
Several doctors lived in Goshen and served people all over the area.
Washington County Postoffices and Postmasters 1829-1976 by
Deane Carter, published 1976 by Washington Co Historical Society
Goshen: An Old Timer's Reminisces by Tom Feathers Flashback April 1952
To return to Washington County Map,click here!
Click here for a map to Goshen